Intrepid Control Systems has been a partner to the automotive industry and its suppliers for over 20 years. As a worldwide operating company with our headquarters based in Detroit, Michigan, USA and a local office that is UK based at the prestigious Mira Technology Park; we are located within direct proximity to our customers. We are a global provider of innovative tools for engineers in the vehicle networking, testing and embedded engineering fields. Intrepid is widely recognized for its neoVI, ValueCAN and Vehicle Spy tools, Intrepid has also developed a new line of solutions for BroadR-Reach® (100BASE-T1) Automotive Ethernet and CAN-FD.
We are looking for highly motivated field application engineers to join our Field based teams in the Warwick and Essex areas.
The successful candidate's main role will be to support our customers both onsite and remotely from providing technical/application support to interpreting customer project needs and requirements. Communication skills will be paramount as this often means discussing projects with OEM/tier 1 specialist engineers and senior management. Maintaining communications through report writing between UK and headquarters will be an essential part of the role in delivering customer satisfaction and value. This will mean spending a large portion of time onsite at customer locations and supporting the business in an array of individual projects.
- Manage relationships and supporting of sales of products to current customers
- Provide demonstrations of our products including hardware and software
- Provide technical trainings and custom project/application support
- Interact daily both onsite and via telephone with clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent/report them to Headquarters
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor assigned customer engineering projects
- Minimum 3 years proven experience in a similar role (5 years preferred)
- Degree in Electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to work with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Excellent PC knowledge is mandatory (including MS Office,)
- Previous experience using automotive network tools and familiarity with network standards would be advantageous
- Local travel for business needs
- Valid driving license
- The ideal candidate will be able to work on their own tasks independently whilst ensuring high quality of work for their customers project
ICS Ltd is offering a competitive benefits and training package to the successful candidate.
A small presentation/project will be asked to be presented for candidates attending an interview
If interested please send a copy of your CV, preferably as a PDF, stating your salary expectations to:
Intrepid Control Systems Ltd
Serviced Office Suite 1.03
MIRA Technology Park
Technology Centre NW05